Re: RFC 2047 and gatewaying

2003-01-06 22:13:43

However, looking at the precedents established in the case of HTTP, I see
the use of phraseology such as "MIME-like" and "different use of Internet
Media Types than is typically found in Internet mail". More specifically,
I see that the media type text/plain is different in that naked CR and LF
are allowed, and even line endings that are totally different in the event
that multi-byte charsets are used.

please don't cite past accidents as justifications for deliberately
introducing needless complexity in the future.

Exactly. We blew it badly in this case; if anything it should serve to make us
more diligent now.

                                Ned