Re: Last Call: 'The APPLICATION/MBOX Media-Type' to Proposed Standard

2004-08-29 08:22:02

I can't resist a question and a wisecrack:

On Aug 24, 2004, at 9:14 AM, Charles Lindsey wrote:

We are talking about a new application type, which we presume some people
will write new software to generate/accept (otherwise there is little
point in having the application type).

Do we really want people to write new software to *generate* mbox format data? I was thinking of this as primarily a tool for allowing software to label and read data that is only available in mbox format. Is there any circumstance in which we would actually encourage its generation?