Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-moore-mail-nr-fields-00.txt]

2004-09-06 12:34:28

On Mon September 6 2004 06:22, Alan Barrett wrote:

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Bruce Lilly wrote:
I know of at least two MUAs that provide three reply options:
    Kmail 1.7          Ximian Evolution 1.4.6

I especially do not want a "Reply to sender" function that is
incorrectly labeled "Reply to author", or vice versa.

For the record, Kmail's Reply To Author does use the From field.
There is aslo a "Reply", which uses Reply-To is present.

Pine by default asks each time whether to use From or Reply-To.

The "Reply to Sender" in Evolution does *not* use the Sender field.
It uses Reply-To.

I want at least five reply options:

  "Reply"            (uses Reply-To header, falls back to From header)
  "Reply to sender"  (used Sender header, falls back to From header)
  "Reply to all"     (uses all possible addresses, lets me edit the list)
  "Followup"         (somehow figures out how to send to mailing list)

So, other than Reply To Sender, Kmail may be a viable MUA for you.