Re: Experiment #2 with multiple Reference headers (was References with multipl

2005-01-17 20:12:29

In
<Pine(_dot_)LNX(_dot_)4(_dot_)44(_dot_)0501161440590(_dot_)11207-100000(_at_)sokol(_dot_)elan(_dot_)net>
 "william(at)elan.net" <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net> writes:

Now as has been mentioned, I plan to document these Original- headers in the
Internet draft so if you like to provide some feedback about it, please go
ahead (and note that I already know of number of different programs adding
these headers without any documentation and draft will try to keep it
primarily as documentation of current practice and explain what these are).

Accidentally I can't find any good way to register with IANA a group of headers
like Original- (as common prefix) as RFC3864 specifies only how to do it for
one particular header field. Please suggest what to do about it.

I think that registry is intended for fields that agents might be expected
to recognize and act upon. I doubt any MUA is going to have a
built-in-recognition of any and all fields beginning with "Original-".
Surely they are intended for human consumption, in which case using
"X-Original-xxxxxx" would he just as good, and would break no rules or
regisries?

Email: chl(_at_)clerew(_dot_)man(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave,
CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.