Re: Experiment #2 with multiple Reference headers (was References with multipl

2005-01-18 05:12:33

In <KLMPUcJ6Bki55TazbiXmVw(_dot_)md5(_at_)libertango(_dot_)oryx(_dot_)com> Arnt
Gulbrandsen <arnt(_at_)gulbrandsen(_dot_)priv(_dot_)no> writes:

Charles Lindsey writes:
Well, as you know, the first attempt failed because of excessing
checking before it left my machine.

It didn't fail - it just showed that a transit agent will "clean" the
message in ways that would modify the meaning of the message, should
multiple references fields be allowed.

Which transit agent was it, if I may ask?

It wasn't a transit agent. I read this list in a local newsgroup, and so
it was the injection agent of Henry's CNews that (quite justifiably)
pruned it.

But that is no problem because, if this (or any similar) proposal were
ever to come to fruition, agents than generate or inject such messages
would need to be upgraded. What we require is that existing transit or
reading agents should not do anything harmful or worse than happens at
present.

Email: chl(_at_)clerew(_dot_)man(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave,
CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.