Re: Experiment #3 with multiple Reference headers

2005-01-19 05:55:50

Charles Lindsey wrote:

1. Did it arrive with all of them intact?

Probably, 2nd and 3rd in the form of Original-References on
GMaNe, <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.rfc822:11263:raw>

the first (can be recognized by presence of
<41EAAA90(_dot_)6D6F(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>)?

Yes, that's the last msg-id in the 1st References: header.

If I'd really want to mix the ideas of See-Also (= literal
sense of references) and References, then I'd probably identify
one thread as _the_ thread, copy its References adding a msg-id
as explained in 2822, and then I'd add the Message-IDs of any
further "see also" references.  Maybe with a limit of at most
14 additional references, because that still allows 3+3 msg-ids
for _the_ thread.  OTOH that sounds like an idea for a time
travel to 1995, too little and too late today. ;-)  Bye, Frank