Re: ABNF, and miscellany

2005-05-14 05:19:26

On Sat May 14 2005 03:11, Frank Ellermann wrote:

Bruce Lilly wrote:

No, it and many others will do nothing to curtail spam, but
will adversely affect legitimate mobile users.

I disagree.
[...]
You can use Webmail.

No, the issue is sending mail, not looking at web pages of mangled
messages.

You can use the MSA of your provider.

Which provider? The one that I use for *receiving* mail?  Who says
that that provider has an MSA (as opposed to an MTA), or that it
is accessible (port 25 blocking)?

You can even use the airport-smart-host if that beast accepts
error messages for what you sent (maybe forwarding it later to
you).

Huh?

If that's not good enough for you I recommend that you
don't publish a "sender policy".

Associated with which domain -- the one that an MUA puts in HELO/EHLO --
which comes for the mailbox for *receiving* mail, and which may be
under control of some third party?