Re: ABNF, and miscellany

2005-05-14 05:43:15

On Sat, 14 May 2005, Bruce Lilly wrote:

[ Note: these comments appear to be in regards to draft-hutzler-spamops-04]

You can use the MSA of your provider.

Which provider? The one that I use for *receiving* mail?  Who says
that that provider has an MSA (as opposed to an MTA), or that it
is accessible (port 25 blocking)?

How is that related to that draft if it is specifically regarding
SUBMIT (587), and just in case somebody got the wrong idea that 587 would now be like port 25, the draft says that providers MUST NOT block port 587.

| Frank Ellermann previous wrote:

You can even use the airport-smart-host if that beast accepts
error messages for what you sent (maybe forwarding it later to
you).

Frank, you wanna tell me which airport you've seen that has internet kiosk that works like that? Just curious because I've used a few of their internet access kiosks and none can do it...

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks