[ietf-dkim] Re: Mailing lists as 2822-Sender (was: Responsibility vs.Validity)

2007-12-04 18:42:11
<ned+dkim(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com> wrote:

I don't recall anyone considering using Resent- fields for this until
just now, but I could easily have missed it - these debates frequently
have descended into nasty personal attacks, causing me to tune out.

They also descended into something styling itself as RFC 4406 with
records in numbers of appeals filed, number of ABSTAINs recorded,
length of IESG note, the works.  But Sender ID doesn't "replace" an
existing Sender (as proposed by JohnL for mailing lists).

I also think it is unlikely that consensus can be reached on one.

We can't keep 2821bis 3.9 as is if it conflicts with the List RFCs.

RFC 4406 can fight for its own, it has caused enough trouble.  But
why folks still continue to propose *worse* ideas is beyond me. :-(

 Frank