Re: Intent to revive "expires" header from draft-ietf-mailext-new-fields-15

2008-07-25 11:57:37

> Having a stricter definition would help IMHO, as the sender would have > a chance to know how the recipient will interpret it, and the
> recipient will have a chance to know what the sender meant by it.

A stricter definition should tell the recipient exactly what the
sender meant, or at least exactly what it could mean per RFC.

I don't see anyway for this to predict how the recipient will
chose to interpret it.

Or at least the probably of determining the senders intention
is a lot higher than that of determining the recipients interpretation.

IMHO, unless a response is required from the recipient, the
recipients actual interpretation is moot.  All we can ask is that
the senders intention is clear.

Chris