Re: [Asrg] Spam detection system proposal

2003-03-05 08:20:14
On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Mathias Herberts wrote:

legitimate mass mailer ususally don't spend time setting up garbage in
their messages so as to defeat checksum based or pattern based spam
detection mechanisms.

Neither do many spammers.  It's my contention that looking at message
content, or a single or a few deliveries, is not sufficient to distinguish
spam behaviour from legitimate mass mailing.  We need a bird's-eye view
of the entire (or a significant portion) of the mail run.

No-one's actually commented on the merits or lack thereof of my
proposal. :-(

--
David.