Re: [Asrg] Spam detection system proposal

2003-03-05 08:52:18

My scheme doesn't care about message content.  It merely punishes
those with a large set of invalid recipient addresses on their mailing
list. My intuition tells me spammers are more likely to have bad
addresses than legitimate bulk e-mailers.

you're probably right.  but that doesn't mean it's reasonable to punish
those who happen to have lots of bad mail addresses.

consider the organization that mails out one announcement per year to
its members. lots of people will change addresses in that year.  is that
organization's mail somehow illegitimate because its addresses bounce?
for that matter, is a spammer's mail any less annoying simply because it
deletes addresses that do bounce?

Keith