Re: [Asrg] filtering at connect time

2003-03-05 08:26:36

I firmly believe that blacklisting open relays being used to spam is
one of the simplest and most effective ways to help them notice they
have a problem.

arrrgh.

we used to run an "open relay".  we had measures in place to keep it
from being used by spammers, and they worked.  but it would pass the
blacklisters' tests for open relays, so we got blacklisted.  and people
started to refuse mail from us.

as far as I am concerned the blacklisters have done a lot to hinder
delivery of legitimate mail, a lot to make it more difficult for mobile
users, and almost nothing to reduce the amount of spam.

they're worse than the spammers, and I would support the death penalty
for spamming.

Keith