Re: [Asrg] Spam detection system proposal

2003-03-05 09:56:52
[resend - sorry, I hit the wrong button last time]

Fine.  What do you suggest instead?  People already use a lot more
brute-force approaches with a lot worse side-effects, so I think you
are simply being disagreeable.

you're probably right :)

I don't think there's a simple answer.  I think we need a combination of

- a way to find out whether a message is sent by someone who has
  a history of spamming, a history of not spamming, or no history

- an automatic way of handling spam complaints, in order to accumulate
  that history

- a way for recipients to indicate that mail meeting certain criteria
  that they specify should not be sent to them (because it will get
  bounced or discarded anyway)

Keith