Re: [Asrg] Economic model is borken. (sic.) Let's fix it

2003-03-05 20:36:21
At 5:29 PM -0800 3/5/03, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
there. He wrote a challenge/response authentication callback
loop back in 1992 for the COMLINK mailer that we used to
publish the Clinton/Gore '92 (and the other candidates who made
it available) campaign litterature on the Internet.

The other problem with challenge/response systems is that there's a missing link in the interface.

I go to a web site and purchase something. They send me an email receipt. How exactly are they going to automatically get through my challenge response? And don't say "you should have whitelisted them." J. Random User is not going to do it unless it's as simple as hitting a single button. Not to mention the question of "whitelist *what*?" Their sales address? Their support address? Their domain? And using what authentication system?
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.