pros and cons of RMX (Re: [Asrg] Declaration to the world)

2003-03-06 12:29:34
Guess you weren't listening.  This was _all_ said before.

A) RMX is broken, due to reliance on DNS

B) (presuming you fix that in some way) if everyone did this then an
existing functionality -- the ability to send mail from different
accounts using existing defacto functionality, software and
infrastructure -- is lost.

While there may be ways to _change_ massive amounts of infrastructure
to still be able to send from different accounts, it _has_ to be
acknowledged that this is a cost of this solution, to the millions of
people currently using that existing functionality.

As there appear to be other technologies which don't have this massive
problem, and in addition due to problem A) (that RMX is broken), it
doesn't appear to be an attractive candidate solution.

Adam