Re: [Asrg] Stamps

2003-03-07 10:48:21

The economics are simply that the break-even rate, instead of being "a
few in a hundred" as it is with snail mail spam, some spammers can
"prosper"[*] with a return of "one in a million".

if you raise the cost of sending spam then the spam will be more targeted.
that doesn't mean we'll get much less of it than we (okay, most of us) are
getting now.

the DMA members would love to spam us more, but they realize that it won't be
effective for them to do so until they get rid of the "bottom feeder"
spammers.  personally I think they're all bottom feeders.