Re: [Asrg] Stamps

2003-03-07 12:46:46

snail mail spam exists despite having significant costs associated
with sending it.

That's pedantically correct, but it completely ignores the point of just
about every message posted to this discussion so far.

If postal junk mail operated in the same economic fashion as electronic
junk mail, you would get truckloads of it.

the percentage of snail mail spam / snail mail I get is approximately the
same as the percentage of email spam / email that I get.
(YMMV - I probably get more legitimate email than most people)

yes, it's easier to handle the snail mail spam, but that's mostly because
the overall volume of snail mail is so low.

lowering the overall volume of email for the sake of lowering the volume
of spam does not seem inherently desirable, anyway.

Keith