RE: [Asrg] Economic model is borken. (sic.) Let's fix it

2003-03-08 12:08:57
had bought e-stamps, your own roll of e-stamps would be useless.  Your
friends would see how little you got out of the exercise, and somehow
never get around to buying their own rolls of e-stamps...or signing up
with Verisign for a PKI email non-spamming identity or any other
proposal that starts "first you get everyone to ..."

Now that is an idea!

Actually there are people who would pay $500 or so for such a certificate
but they are big volume senders. The problem would then be to persuade the
spam filter writers to take note of the certificate. The cash value to the
buyer would be getting legitimate email through spam filters.

I dont think that there is a market for a cert that costs 0.01 cent per
message. C|Net sends out a billion emails a year so they would end up
paying us $100,000 a year. Possible... To do anything about spam the cost
would have to be 1 cent or so, I don't see C|Net doing that.

If I thought microsopayments would be viable I would be pushing them.
Guess who bought the Cybercash assets?

Obligatory IP disclosure - certain uses of this technology may be covered
by IP owned by VeriSign or by others. This message does not grant any
rights to use this technology.

                Phill