RE: [Asrg] Economic model is borken. (sic.) Let's fix it

2003-03-08 11:43:11
1) the incentive is to make sure their messages delivered.

2) increasingly, antispam filters are taking out legitimate
communications from
businesses.  The use of a stamp would allow them to bypass
the filters without
requiring the recipient to do anything special (i.e. white
list, filter exception).

[I don't see the distinction between these arguments]

The same argument holds for authentication based approaches that
do not involve a per message charge.

If C|Net has a certificate that proves that they sent an outgoing
message their subscribers know it came from them and is not spam.

This mail has an S/MIME signature, you can tell it came from me.

                Phill