Re: [Asrg] ASRG work items

2003-03-09 17:45:38

On Sunday, March 9, 2003, at 06:58  PM, Fred Bacon wrote:
I would like to comment on the first milestone.  It seems to me that
there is considerable disagreement on even so simple a matter as the
amount of spam with forged addresses.

As far as I can tell, the nature of the spam received by a recipient can vary considerably from one recipient to another - depending, for instance, on how long the recipient has had that particular email address, what lists the recipient has participated in, which ISP the recipient has, etc. Also, the characteristics of spam change over time. So I'm uncertain of the utility for this group of the kind of assessment you're suggesting.