5b. Opt-Out - Re: [Asrg] ASRG work items

2003-03-24 18:19:10
I'll take opt-out. I had notes on that and identified 3 automated out-out
paths (sorted by type of distribution/access to such lists):

1. Distributed lists which use some type of encryption to allow validation
of particular address but not see enter list. Please comment here on all
types of encryption methods that are available.

2. Opt-out server. Here a special service/server (maybe more then one) is
located somewhere. Anybody wishing to check of address is opt-out or not
can connect to that server (with proper authentication if necessary) and
check validity of particular email address.

3. Opt-out system as part of each mail server. Here new command is added
to mail server which allows to check if email is opted out or not.
Separate lists are run by every isp/every email server and are particular
only to email addresses handled by mail server. Its assumed that before or
during email connection command would be issues to verify opt-out
preferences before delivering email.

Any other distribution means I missed?