[Asrg] Re: "Prove you're a human"

2003-03-10 06:13:09
On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 08:53:17PM -0500,
Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu wrote:
We need to make sure that we don't make any "prove you're a human" solutions
*too* difficult, as the general clue level out there is pretty low.  Remember
that a solution doesn't have to work just for me, Keith, and Vernon, it has to
be something that we can deploy to my mom (who doesn't mind being used as a
generic user - she's in her 60s, has had one stroke already, and will NOT be
able to manage getting anything fixed if either Earthlink or Hotmail change
the
way they do things unless either I or my brother stop by to do it for her).

Important point: it also has to work for some automated mail, e.g. dot-com
reservation notices, confirmations, and receipts.  So "prove you're a human"
may be difficult in this case. ;)

--j.