Re: [Asrg] ASRG work items

2003-03-09 18:17:32
In message
<1047254337(_dot_)23557(_dot_)52(_dot_)camel(_at_)shamus(_dot_)aerodyne(_dot_)com>,
 Fred Bacon writes:

I would like to comment on the first milestone.  It seems to me that
there is considerable disagreement on even so simple a matter as the
amount of spam with forged addresses.  I believe that one of the first
items which should be addressed is a quantitative assessment of the
[...]

Apologies if that's been discussed.  But IMHO the first milestone might be
to define what spam is, in as precise a terms as possible.  Saying that spam
is "what I don't want to see" isn't precise enough in my opinion.  And I
have a feeling that many people have different notions for what they
consider spam (UCE, XXX, emails from my ex ...)

Depending of what users perceive as spam, different solutions might be
devised.

Erez.