Re: [Asrg] Proposal ....

2003-03-14 07:55:12
At 10:42 PM -0500 3/13/03, mathew wrote:
Today, you connect, send 100,000 spams, and vanish. If the machine you used as an open relay gets added to the blocklist, you don't care, 'cause the spam was already sent.

This assumes that a) open relays get added to the list and are blocked within a day and b) that people can safely use open relay blacklists without false positives.

It seems to me that if those two things were true, then everyone would be using open-relay RBLs now.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.