RE: [Asrg] Giving Public Notice ....

2003-03-17 13:51:31
Agreed.

Though he does have a 'good' idea. Could we send across the wire and
agreement to pay the recipient $50,000 if the message is unsolicited.

Specifically, I am thinking after the RCPT-TO: you could post
"RECEIVER allows this message to be delivered under the following
conditions:
1) This message is not unsolicited; as the sender and receiver have a
verifiable pre-existing relationship or receiver has expressed interest in
starting a relationship
or
2) This message is unsolicited and will be accompanied by payment of $50,000
US within 14 days."

out over the SMTP socket. I don't know what this would break though. IANAL,
but I'd like to think it was binding. I think the problem though would be
who would it be binding to? The remote outgoing network (AOL-TW in the
advent of it coming from an aol server?) or the sender? Either way it's
good, but I like it if the network (AOL) is liable. It'll make them make
sure no spam leaves their domain.

Technically it's useless, and will do nothing to stop the flow of spam, but
I could help grow my bank account! Just a thought...