Re: [Asrg] Taxonomy of anti-spam systems version 2

2003-03-18 10:46:30
On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 04:10:50AM -0500, Paul Judge wrote:

a)    Fail-Open (determine unwanted messages)
      i)      Human determination
              (1)     Collaborative filtering (i.e., razor) [SB]
      ii)     System Determination

Sorry, but I still don't agree with that hierarchie.

I don't think that Fail-Open/Fail-Close is a suitable criterion
of such a high level. That's just a low level property, not
a taxonomy criterion.

The taxonomy should distinguish methods by what they do and
in what way they do not, not what happens if they fail.

This and the question of human/system determination are
properties of the particular implementation, not of the method
in principle. Therefore they should be kept out of the main taxonomy
hierarchie.

We should care about the main principles, not implementation details.

Hadmut