Re: [Asrg] Giving Public Notice ....

2003-03-18 11:04:45
Hadmut Danisch wrote:
On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 11:28:55AM -0500, Chris Lewis wrote:

Such a solution (w|c)ould not cover spam sent from youngsters.

You cannot make anywhere near this strong a blanket statement.

Sure I can.

In Germany, children under age of 14 cannot be prosecuted.

That's Germany. The law in the US and Canada is different. Different age limits, different caveats and exceptions. Like I said, you can't make that strong a blanket statement.

As for "prosecution". Well, certainly, a 4 year old can't be "prosecuted for murder" either, but they could certainly be put in state care or otherwise stopped from doing it again. [I won't go into the minimum age for capital punishment in the US other than to say it's been less than 14.]

Ie: what if a child of 8 years old was "caught" spamming pornography ads? Don't suggest that the law has no recourse - the child may well be taken into custody by "Children's Aid"/"Foster care" (or local equivalent), or the courts may refuse to accept the child is doing it on their own, and promptly charge the person who talked the child into doing it.

You can't use "the computer did it, not me" as a defence. You can't use "the 14 month old pushed the enter key" defence either.