Re: [Asrg] Update to DS Protocol draft

2003-03-23 23:03:41
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui(_at_)plaidworks(_dot_)com>

and what you do personally is up to you. Anything that tries to solve
the problem we're here to solve has to consider and support Microsoft,
or it's a non-starter.

That is true only of solutions that require large critical masses.  Not
all spam defenses are like that.  Various blacklists are the canonical
example of defenses without significant critical mass requirements.

It is worth remembering that anything that blocks all spam from all
targets is a non-starter.  Some of the net will always be spam-friendly
and will demand and require the right to have lots of spam.  Spam is
always only determined at the mailbox of the target.

Speaking of Microsoft, it would be swell if the Bcentral sources of
unsolicited bulk email that have been pounding at my mailbox and traps
for years and even this week would stop.