Re: [Asrg] Update to DS Protocol draft

2003-03-23 22:21:52
On Sunday, March 23, 2003, at 08:54  PM, Gordon Fecyk - Home wrote:

I'v given up on Microsh.t software

That's enough.  The rest of your missive isn't even worth quoting.

and what you do personally is up to you. Anything that tries to solve
the problem we're here to solve has to consider and support Microsoft,
or it's a non-starter.

I agree (unfortunetly). But the particulars of SRV and Microsoft has been
discussed on many many other lists before. Allmost everyone is in agreement
that Microsoft will have to support this and every other protocol is being
developed with SRVs in mind. Just look at multiple RFCs that already have
that in them and even more drafts.

As far as various dns-mail-from proposals, I find DSDNSBL the best one as
far as dns portion of it. But all these proposals are too easy to
circumvent by spammers and are too restrictive for existing email
communication, that is the main reason I'd not support them. Nothing to do
with SRVs or Microsoft.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Communications Inc.