Re: 5c. Message Status - Re: [Asrg] ASRG work items

2003-03-29 07:09:56

[ ...Jon said... ]
Yes maybe - so they consult your consent again.
Is there some problem with this?

VS>   Yes.  It doesn't scale.  Imagine several million businesses on this
VS> planet "just checking" with you every six months.  I don't really see
VS> any difference between my inbox overflowing with a thousand spams per
VS> day or a thousand "requests-for-you-to-please-opt-in,-pretty-please".

No - of course it doesn't scale.
Who said that your consent can only be consulted by sending an email?

Clearly - another mechanism for expressing and consulting consent is
desirable.