Re: 5c. Message Status - Re: [Asrg] ASRG work items

2003-03-26 13:40:16
 - I think communicating consent is hopeless and even a bad idea.
  Advertisers will never entirely honor anything but "tell me more."
  The only person who can be trusted to honor consent is the end user.
  However, there might be something that could be done in a few months.

Oh. That's that then. No, hang on, I can think of a number of entities who
might *consult* my consent - including (in a particular order):

My organisation, my ISP, a legitimate mass mailer, the courts.

And why (I know I shouldn't bite) a "bad idea"?

There's probably too much in the way of "voice from the mount"
assertions on this list.