Re: 5c. Message Status - Re: [Asrg] ASRG work items

2003-03-26 11:36:20
At 10:36 AM -0700 3/26/03, Vernon Schryver wrote:
Oh, I was confused.  I think spending time on bounce formats is a
bigger waste of time than "internationalizing" error messages from
programs.  In practice, computer error messages are always opaque
cybercrud to everyone except the priesthood.  "ABEND 12345" may be a

I would take this as a *reason* to standardize them. Given that they are getting even more confusing. The point isn't to standardize them for humans--but for computers.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.