Re: 5c. Message Status - Re: [Asrg] ASRG work items

2003-03-26 09:45:03
At 12:00 AM -0800 3/26/03, william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net wrote:
I'd like to ask what people feel about making it a part of anti-spam
system such that if say somebody is sending same content message to more
then 5-10 recepients on your server, then it has to be considered
maillist email and has to contain proper maillist headers and opt-out
information.

Well, first of all it doesn't scale. Someone who sends to 5-10 recipients at somewhere.com just exceeded the number of humans with addresses there. Someone who sends to 5-10 AOL users is just in the noise.

But more critically. People send mail to everyone in their address book a lot. (And I've got 40,000+ email messages to wormalert(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com that I can offer as evidence.) Those messages are very likely to exceed that per-server limit.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.