Re: 5c. Message Status - Re: [Asrg] ASRG work items

2003-03-26 09:45:25
At 10:51 PM -0700 3/25/03, Vernon Schryver wrote:
 > From: Kee Hinckley <nazgul(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com>

                     ...  This is the only hope we have of getting
 mailing lists and automated mail systems to work in an environment
 with lots of different anti-spam systems.  We *really* don't want to
 different mail systems providing completely different bounce
 messages.  Been there, done that.

Why wouldn't RFC 2919 and RFC 2369 headers be sufficient?

We were discussing error codes for why a message was rejected and what to do about. Those are list identification RFCs (which ties in with another simultaneous discussion--but not this one).

???
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering