Re: 5c. Message Status - Re: [Asrg] ASRG work items

2003-03-25 23:03:55
From: Kee Hinckley <nazgul(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com>

                    ...  This is the only hope we have of getting
mailing lists and automated mail systems to work in an environment
with lots of different anti-spam systems.  We *really* don't want to
different mail systems providing completely different bounce
messages.  Been there, done that.

Why wouldn't RFC 2919 and RFC 2369 headers be sufficient?

Why wouldn't yet more new SMTP gadgets only make things worse?