Re: [Asrg] Is Tim(_at_)mailkey(_dot_)com spamming?

2003-03-29 16:43:52
From: wayne <wayne(_at_)midwestcs(_dot_)com>

Is tim(_at_)mailkey(_dot_)com spamming people?

Are we, by all subscribing to this list, consenting to email from
others who are on this list?

All of the emails from tim(_at_)mailkey(_dot_)com are slightly different, so
do
they count as bulk?

Are these messages commercial?

Some commentators to the contrary, "commercial" is not a suitable part
of any definition of "spam" that the IETF/IRTF can consider, because
it is impossible for computers or even people to consistently decide
whether a message is "commercial."

The word "spam" is also not useful, because it is impossible to
get the world to agree on a definition.

However, the messags from tim(_at_)mailkey(_dot_)com are clearly both
unsolicited
and bulk.

Because I've white-listed this mailing list, I've had to take other
steps to deal with the tim(_at_)mailkey(_dot_)com UBE.