Re: [Asrg] define spam

2003-03-30 09:48:33

On Sunday, March 30, 2003, at 07:09  AM, Vernon Schryver wrote:

As written, that is a bad definition, because it allows and even
encourages literally hundreds millions of advertisers to individually
ask you to opt-out.

right now, that's still an improvement over the status quo. Until we GET to that point, trying to deal with that kind of consent issue doesn't really matter. and your numbers blow the issue well out of proportion. Potentially, ever person in China could choose to call my house to wish me happy birthday, too. I don't propose legislation to prevent it.

You're trying to turn e-marketers into spammers again, Vernon, and merging the two problems into one. that's a failed strategy, and I won't go there.