Re: [Asrg] Is this a new spam form?

2003-04-01 06:06:49
On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 11:52:49AM +0100, Matt Sergeant wrote:
trojan. But I don't expect we'll see many more of those - it's *very*
illegal to write a trojan - the feds *will* lock you up for it.
Especially in these times of heightened security everywhere. I'd be
very surprised if spammers went to these lengths.

IANAL, but isn't the big problem to prove who the originator is?
Just that e.g. a site is spamvertised is not a evidence. Other than
that it would be really easy to get rid of competitors.
And with all the taken hosts esp. in South Asia and South America
it shouldn't be too hard a thing to get it spread without anyone being
able to prove the real source. And as soon as it's gone the mission is
accomplished.

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299