Re: [Asrg] Is this a new spam form?

2003-04-01 11:53:25

Matt Sergeant said:
The virus in question is (was?) Trojan.Win32.Rewt. A spam sending
trojan. But I don't expect we'll see many more of those - it's *very*
illegal to write a trojan - the feds *will* lock you up for it.
Especially in these times of heightened security everywhere. I'd be
very surprised if spammers went to these lengths.

On the contrary -- I reckon there'll be *more* if open relays and
proxies decrease.   A lot of spammers do not care about the legality of
how the spam gets from them to their recipients.  In a good few
jurisdictions, it's already illegal anyway!

--j.