Re: [Asrg] Is this a new spam form?

2003-04-02 06:43:53
Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

which sounds suspiciously like a spammer who's gotten into the macro-virus game to propogate spam mail.

anyone else seen this before? Is this a new toy we have to worry about?

There's a worm-like thingie going around that tells you about this neat service that you can install, and that when you install it, it says it'll email a copy of the same advert to everyone in your address list.

A lot of people have done it.

Apparently the anti-viral vendors initially declined to put it into their virus definitions because the "users wanted it to do that".

Not long afterwards, they changed their minds. (we were banging on them pretty hard...)