RE: [Asrg] define spam

2003-04-04 12:58:35
From: "Nickle, Michael" <mnickle(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com>

This being said, I think that the forgery problem has the potential to
become huge.  What if biffy the spam king decided to use ibm.com or doj.gov
as his source domain?  Would the repetition of such an event alter the UCE
problem?  I know that with the one(?) spammer that is using my yahoo address
as one of his/her source addresses, I've gotten ~1500 bounce messages in the
past 10 days or so.  A concentrated spam campaign using a specific source
domain could effectively cause a DoS against a small company that
administers its own mail.

"They've been there and done that."  See
http://www.google.com/search?q=spam+%22flowers.%2Bcom%22