Re: [Asrg] Whitelisting on Message-ID (Was Turing Test ...) honyp ot plug

2003-04-07 07:31:48

On Monday, April 7, 2003, at 05:50  AM, Sauer, Damon wrote:
 Did you happen to change or add a DNS record?

nope. It was around for a while, just not enabled for mail.

I believe they watch every addition to DNS. It was amazing to watch these
spammers come online and try to hammer systems that were not even in
production yet.

You should talk to the folks who do Intrusion detection. Between the spammers and the root kiddies, it's brutal out there. Here at home, I run two firewalls -- I use a software firewall on my server to DMZ it from the full net, and a hardware firewall to protect the rest of my home LAN from both the net AND the server, just in case. One of these days, I'll upgrade the DMZ to a hardware firewall, too.