Re: [Asrg] New take on emerging idea. (Query/C-R system?)

2003-04-10 18:41:00

On Thursday, April 10, 2003, at 03:50  PM, John Fenley wrote:

What government?

The United States Government.

we'll just add it to the list of responsibilities to ICANN, then. Since the universe agrees it's done a wonderful job so far, that'll be a no-brainer.

So now it is a budget/"can i trust the Government?" issue, and not an issue of wether or not it can be done, or if it would be adopted, or if it will work?

not at all. JC's just coming up with things to worry about before we get to the HARD stuff.

These are things that kill the idea based on 2 minutes of off the top of his head thinking, but which are all non-stoppers in any real-world environment that includes anyone not living in the continental US, and many who do.

Time for me to say it again: most of where stuff like this needs to work isn't like where you are.