[Asrg] Re: definition of spam at monkeys.com

2003-04-11 07:11:11
At 8:47 -0500 4/11/03, wayne wrote:
In <B1F08F445F370846AB7BEE424365F00D012F1BF7(_at_)ctxchg(_dot_)ciphertrust(_dot_)com> Paul Judge <paul(_dot_)judge(_at_)ciphertrust(_dot_)com> writes:

                                    An alternate and more limiting definition
 of spam that has been used can be found at
 > http://www.monkeys.com/spam-defined/definition.shtml  "Internet spam is one
 or more unsolicited 1 messages, sent or posted as part of a larger
 collection 2 of messages, all having substantially identical content."  This
 covers a majority of what many people consider spam.

I would encourage other people to sign onto the definition of spam at
monkeys.com.  It isn't my ideal definiton of spam, but it is pretty
close and there are already some very recognizable names on the list
of signatories.  More would be better.

Sorry, but I will not sign this. It's a pretty naive definition. The simple fact of prox. 12 linear feet of footnotes betrays the problem.