Re: [asrg] 6. proposal of solution: Using Relay Honeypots to Reduce Spam

2003-04-16 10:13:54
And you still haven't answered my questions (posed twice):

Look again.

Apologies, but you hadn't at the time.
(and apologies also if you got some random attachments from me - I blame
the webmail system I'm using - that's sad since I'm one of the authors :-(
)

1. How much spam reduction should we expect from the deployment of
one

I said it was so variable I didn't know.

2. How many honeypots do we need to deploy to reduce spam by 99%?

I said 200 million.

I assume it's because you don't like the answers.

200 million is a lot to accomplish.  I said let's do a thousand and
re-evaluate.

I don't see that there's what the charter calls "a realistic chance of
wide-scale deployment" for what you propose.

In the interests of supporting your experiment, I hereby promise to set up
one honeypot as soon as possible after being supplied with the details of
the other 999.

All the best,
Jon Kyme