Re: [asrg] 6. proposal of solution: Using Relay Honeypots to Reduce Spam

2003-04-16 15:03:11
At 12:27 PM -0500 4/16/03, Brad Spencer wrote:
At 06:08 PM 4/16/2003 +0100, Jon Kyme wrote:

I don't see that there's what the charter calls "a realistic chance of
wide-scale deployment" for what you propose.

What evaluation of the chances have you done?

The simple fact that twenty million people are not going to set up a system which can be easily defeated by a mediocre programmer in an afternoon. Your entire concept depends on the assumption that the spammer won't be able to tell that their email isn't being delivered. Yet detecting deliverability is trivial. You can do it with dummy addresses. You can do it with test addresses that get the bounce-back. The fact spammers don't do it now means only that you haven't done anything worth their notice.

Please. You've made your case. Nobody buys it. When you have something new to present, we'll be happy to listen.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.