Re: [Asrg] Technical Considerations for Spam Control Mechanisms

2003-04-28 03:15:04

I've just send an internet-draft titled:

     Technical Considerations for Spam Control Mechanisms

I like it (for what that's worth).  I can see scope for possible changes
/ clarifications in a couple of places:

Near the bottom of section 2.

"Unfortunately there is no opportunity for software control of spam in the
UA.o..."

This isn't the case for webmail systems (for example) where the mail client
software is NOT under the control of the originator.

It might be useful to add
"except in particular cases such as 'webmail' systems"

(which might include 'e-greetings' etc...)

Also in 4.1. you mention "expanding the scope" of Whitelist/Blacklist,
to cover "More complex analysis"
I wonder if it might be useful to generalise this as something like:

message classification : response

a blacklist / whitelist is then expressed as a set of something like:

listed(identifier) : acceptable|unacceptable

and more complex policies will fit in something like:

classified(classifier,message-data) : acceptable|unacceptable

Regards,