Re: [Asrg] A New Plan for No Spam / Velocity Indicator

2003-04-28 09:25:45
On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 07:16:43 -0700
Phillip Hallam-Baker <Hallam-Baker> wrote:

I think you are missing my point There is no prolem if the mail
reaches the mua. The mua is well placed to know what the user signed
up for etc.

Ahh, right then.

The problem is that there are already plenty of isps who are simply
dropping all blacklisted mail in the bit bucket and responding to
complaints from users in BOFH mode.

Having experienced plenty of BOFH I simply do not beleive any sysop
who claims his users are 100% in favor of what they do. I have yet to
see a sysop voluntarily ask users what they want.

As stated previously I'm willing to leave those aspects to market
forces.  I'm also willing to sign on to a best-practices publication
which recommends that the end user be informed, in some detail of what
is being done in his name for upstream filtering, as well as the option
to opt-out of such filtering.  However, I suspect that such items are
uncontroversial.

--
J C Lawrence
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu               He lived as a devil, eh?