Re: [Asrg] seeking comments on new RMX article

2003-05-04 23:32:52
On Sun, 4 May 2003 21:11:10 -0700
Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:

It seems unlikely that anyone is going to seriously suggest uucp or
fido.

FIDO lack of usage and deployment I'll accept, however UUCP remains in
wide deployment and usage to this day, and is even aggressively growing
in a number of areas.  Much of the third world (Africa in particular)
hangs off UUCP links, as do large stretches of Scandinavia (Norway and
Finland in particular).

(I don't recall the details of fido, for email, but uucp is too creaky
to even discuss for modern usage.

Yet it remains in wide modern usage.

--
J C Lawrence
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu               He lived as a devil, eh?